×××

Yesterday...





we went to the opening of the new library here in Amsterdam
Here's a very long video they made of the official opening on Saturday.







This is a great view from the ground floor , behind this were the escalators which made you feel like you were in a luxurious department store....where unfortunately you have to bring the goods back

When I was 6 years old I was strongly against that idea... I didn't want to bring back books that I loved..... after a while I saw the benefits..... it's not practical to want to own everything you like. I hope this new library will grow on me the way my childhood library did

Architect : Jo Coenen & Co

3 comments:

simplyolive said...

...ok, i had a type-o
anyway, this looks like a gorgeous museum!
i recently discovered your blog, and it's becoming one of my favorites to browse. i'm enamored w/ contmeporary/scandinavian design, and really enjoy your posts.
...i invite you to drop by mine sometime.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that is one amazing library! I'll definitely have to visit the place when i come to Amsterdam in August. Thanks for posting this!

Emma said...

Wow, that looks gorgeous! Can't wait till I come back to Amsterdam next time (next summer, hopefully)...